I have been embroidering for years but discovered these Elbesee wooden embroidery hoops 5 years ago, now I never trace my patterns or stitch without them. They stretch the fabric tight, helping keep tension of your fabric weave and your stitches nice and neat - no more messing around trying to keep the fabric taught and moving the fabric out of the way of the needle and thread.
They also make an attractive display frame for your finished projects. You can even decorate them with paint, fabric decoupage, yarn, washi tape - your limitation is only your imagination! Stitchdoodles have a great tutorial here.
Sizes available (diameter):
- 10cm / 4 inch
- 15cm / 6 inch
- 20cm / 8 inch
- Material: high quality beech wood
- Steel adjusters
- Ideal for cross-stitch, hand embroidery)
- Suitable for stitching and display purposes
- Elbesee hoops are a highly respect brand and are made in the UK
Super easy to use, watch this quick video:
- Loosen the screw top to separate the two hoops
- Place your fabric on top of the inner hoop trying to keep your fabric central
- Re-position the outer hoop and tighten.