Top 5 Tips for Naturally Healthy Summer Travel
Tip 1 - Give Your Immune System a Boost in Advance
Every year in the run up to travelling and during our holidays, I give myself and my family’s immune system a natural Vitamin C boost. It's even more important to take care strengthen our immune systems this year during the pandemic.
Vitamin C and antioxidant rich elderberry has been used for centuries for its health benefits. It supports the immune system and is great for colds, flu, cystitis, urinary tract or bladder infections and digestive health.
I love BioLife Black Elderberry Extract Organic Tincture as it is quickly absorbed and contains all the natural goodness of the plant.
- Super easy to use, you just drop it into your water, juice or food.
- Helps protect against bugs circulating in the ventilation of aeroplanes and trains!
Tip 2 - Don’t Forget to Pack Your Essential Oils
Many essential oils have proven antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties, and when we inhale them, we are breathing in aroma molecules full of potent plant chemicals that activate receptor cells in the nose. These then signal our brain to release neuro-messengers linked to our immune response and other body systems – clever stuff!
We never travel without our Winter Blend
I know you’re thinking it sounds odd to use winter blend in summer! But bear with me as this amazingly effective blend goes with me everywhere, especially on planes and trains. Our award-winning Winter Diffuser Blend from Eve Taylor is safe for the whole family, just a couple of drops on your seat or your diffuser jewellery is all you need. It contains a synergistic blend of:
- Tunisian Rosemary and minty Eucalyptus helps to clear and cool the sinuses, chest and head
- Ravansara clears the chest and is anti-viral
- French alpine Lavender soothes and comforts
- Madagascan Palmarosa clears the mind and stimulates the senses
- Helps fight bacteria or viruses such as colds and coughs
- Eases the effects of seasonal allergies, sinus congestion and asthma
- Helps reduce the impact of stuffy atmospheres on planes, trains, coaches and public transport so you can keep a clear head and fight off bugs in the atmosphere
Shop for Winter Synergy Box Set (contains Winter Blend and Synergy Massage Gel).
Tip 3 - Digestive Issues
Eating new and delicious types of food, not drinking enough water and even the stress of travel can lead to tummy upsets on holiday including diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, nausea and gas.
Natural live probiotics can encourage the good bacteria in your gut and taking them has been proven to lessen the symptoms of digestive issues. I love Higher Nature’s Pro-Easy Live Probiotics as you don’t have to keep them in the fridge, and they are super easy to use. Just sprinkle onto your food or into water or juice and use for the whole family.
Drinking lots of water is imperative to keep you well hydrated and flush out any nasty bugs from your system.
If you do get a bad tummy then Coconut Water is a great natural oral rehydration drink without the nasty sweeteners and preservatives that you get in powders. It is naturally rich in electrolytes so we always make sure a carton goes in the fridge at the start of a holiday.
Tip 4 – Use a Natural Insect Repellent
It goes without saying that chemical and deet insect repellents are a no go at Altruis Living. Incognito’s range of products are “100% natural insect repellents that are as effective, if not more, than currently available synthetic chemical alternatives”. Even better it is ethical, sustainable and responsible!
Our Spa Recovery Aromatherapy Massage Candle is a must have for the patio or balcony for keeping those pesky bugs at bay:Contains a gorgeous synergy of effective insect deterring essential oils including Citronella, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Rosemary, Orange.
- Aside from smelling gorgeous, you can also use the nourishing melted wax on your skin as a natural insect repellent!
- We never go on holiday without one!
Eve Taylor's Citronella pure essential oil is very effective natural insect repellent, we never go on holiday without it abroad or at home!
- Diffuse it in one of our unusual oil burners or pop a couple of drops onto the naturally porous lava stones on our diffuser bracelets
- DIY Topical Insect Repellent mix it with our Safflower Carrier oil and pop in one of our Crystal Roller Ball Bottles and roll on for a topical insect repellent. I like to mix it with some of our Lavender Blend
- Cleaning - add three to four drops in water to clean surfaces
Tip 5 - Natural Relief for Skin Irritations
We always pack these natural first aid essentials for skin irritations.
Aloe Vera - naturally healing, soothing, cooling and hydrating making it a great after sun. It’s also beneficial in healing sunburn*. Keep in the fridge for the best results.
* If you have severe sunburn always consult a doctor first.
Tea Bags – Yes I Did Say Tea Bags!
Tea contains tannic acid, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It is amazing to help relieve irritated skin and safe for all the family to use:
Skin sore? - Chamomile tea is amazing for soothing sore skin
Itchy skin? - Nettle tea is wonderful to relieve itchy skin
Hot skin? - Peppermint tea is a gorgeous one to use to calm and cool hot the skin
• Pop 2 to 3 tea bags into a running bath OR
• Make a cup of the tea, keep covered in the fridge and use throughout the day to bathe the affected areas with a cotton pad or muslin
• Keep the used tea bags in the fridge in a covered pot to help ease sun irritated eyes and bites and stings
• Drink them warm or cooled throughout the day when you are out and about and can’t bathe the skin regularly.
Take a Cleopatra Style Milky Bath
If you have use of a bath on holiday, then bathing with oats can be soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial:
• Place a few handfuls of proper old-fashioned porridge oats into a sock or muslin cloth and tie
• Pop the bundle into the bath and fill with lukewarm water
• Once wet, the oats create a lovely milky liquid which should be squeezed over effected parts of the body
Altruis Living Travel Essentials
We have a gorgeous selection of natural products to help with holiday skin, travel and sea sickness, immune system boosters, natural insect repellent, flight anxiety. We simply wouldn't travel without them! Browse our Travel Essentials.