In my Amazing Essential Oils - Not Just a Pretty Smell article I gave you interesting history and facts about essential oils (also known as Aromatherapy Oils), so you will know why I absolutely adore these precious beauties. So I thought it was about time I told you about the many easy ways you can use these gorgeous oils.
The Many Uses of Essential Oils
There are so many easy ways to use essential oils in your daily life, these are some of my favourites:
These are a great tool to use to get the therapeutic benefits of essential oils in the air and fragrance your home at the same time, naturally and without chemicals.
- Put 1-6 drops in oil diffuser/burner or nebulizer (liquid vaporiser)
- For children 1-3 drops
- Babies 1 drop
Steam inhalation is a great way to help relieve the symptoms of coughs, colds and congested sinuses.
- Put 2-3 drops into a bowl of hot water, cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply
- Not suitable for babies and children due to the risk of burns, we recommend using in a warm bath or diffuser method.
One of the simplest ways to get the benefits of essential oils is bathing. The heat of the water opens the pores allowing them to be absorbed easily. The feet are key absorption areas, allowing the oils to quickly pass through the skin and into the body.
- Mix 2-4 drops to 10ml of oil and add to running bath
- Children 1-2 drops/10ml
- Babies (over 6 months) 1 drop/10ml
- A mix of Lavender and Roman Chamomile is great for calming stressed out little monsters!
Massaging with essential oils is not only an incredible aromatherapy sensory experience, but the oils enhances the effects of the massage with their various thereputic properties. Using a good quality carrier oil (also known as a base oil) we particularly love sweet almond, safflower or jojoba oils to name but a few!)
- Add 2-4 drops to 10ml of carrier oil
- Children 1-2 drops to 10ml of carrier oil
- Babies (over 6 months) 1 drop to 10ml of carrier oil - Eve Taylor always recommends Rosehip Oil for babies
The heat from the radiator diffuses the oils into the atmosphere quickly and effectively giving you an easy alternative to an oil burner.
- Put 1-4 drops on a cotton-wool ball or tissue and lodge behind the pipe or somewhere in contact with the heat.
- Children's rooms 1-2 drops
- Babies room 1 drop
Your clothes and linens will absorb the gorgeous aromas of the oils, keeping them smelling fresh and moths away.
- Put 1-4 drops on a cotton wool and put in drawer or base of wardrobe or in your linen cupboard/airing cupboard to keep clothes, bedding and towels fresh.
- I like to use Lavender as moths and flies hate it!
A super easy way to keep your bathroom smelling fresh and gorgeous whilst fighting bacteria.
- Put 2-4 drops on the cardboard ring inside the toilet paper roll
- Lemon works really well
With the heat of the water, your washing will absorb the gorgeous aromas of the oils,making them smell divine.
- Put 3-5 drops into the softener compartment of your washing machine
- I like to use Lavender and Roman Chamomile for our sensitive skins.
IMPORTANT For use on pregnant women (or trying), babies & children, or any medical conditions or you are taking a course of prescribed mediation or if you are in any doubt about any condition you may have, please seek the advice of a doctor or refer to a qualified Aromatherapist first before using essential oils to check for safe oils.
IMPORTANT Always do the patch test before applying any products to detect the reaction of your skin.
Which Essential Oils Should You Choose?
If you have had Aromatherapy treatments, have you ever wondered why one time you may love a smell and hate it another? Well if your body needs an oil you will like the smell, if it doesn't you won't - so - makes sense! So get sniffing and listen to your body!
Diffuser Blends & Burners